Comprehensive Health Services for Women in your county
Shepherds Hospitals offer comprehensive healthcare services for all stages and aspects of a woman’s life. Because women’s healthcare extends far beyond obstetrics and gynecology, we offer both general and advanced care in the areas of gynecology, urogynaecology, breast health, and much more.
You should schedule an appointment with a urologist if you experience the following symptoms:
Our team offers annual well woman exams. During this appointment, patients receive preventative screenings for anxiety and depression, contraceptive counselling, STD testing, and more. We’re committed to providing the healthcare experience you deserve. We listen carefully, treat patients with respect, and are mindful of your privacy. We work hard to cultivate an environment where patients can feel comfortable speaking freely.
Conditions treated include:
- Pelvic Pain
- Female sexual issues
- Developmental variations
- Abnormal bleeding
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Endometriosis (heavy periods)
- Bladder issues
We offer the following treatments:
- Breast exams
- Family planning
- Pap smear
- IUD placement & removal
- Nexplanon insertion & removal
- Menopause management
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility treatment
Breast exams are an important aspect of women’s health care and breast cancer prevention. You should perform self-breast exams in front of the mirror every month so that you can grow familiar with how your breasts look and feel. This way, if anything should change, you will be able to discuss it with your doctor promptly.
We provide multiple services to ensure continued breast health. Our exams test for conditions such as breast cancer, mastitis, and fibroadenoma.
These services include:
- Clinical breast exams
- Digital mammography
- Breast ultrasounds
It is recommended that women receive 1 mammogram a year from age 40 and up. Women over the age of 55 who have normal risk factors can reduce screenings to once every 2 years.
Our gynecologists provide compassionate care for women through all stages of life. From routine care to rare conditions, our doctors have seen and treated any condition that you may face. We structure our care around a patient-centered approach that includes:
Patients come to us with various conditions and differing goals for their health. That’s why our team spends time getting to know you and your needs. Working closely with you, we use our clinical experience and the latest research to develop personalized care plans.
Shared Decision Maker
In women’s healthcare, you may have multiple treatment options. We encourage you to actively participate in the process with your care team so that you understand all your options. Your doctor will discuss the “why” behind the best options for your care. The result is a path forward that you can feel confident about.
Care Built on Relationships
When you come to the Women & Infants Center for gynecologic care, you’ll work closely with the same familiar faces from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up care. Although most patients choose one doctor to see for general appointments, any of our doctors can see you in an emergency.
Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery
Minimally invasive procedures require less recovery time than traditional surgeries and patients generally experience less post-operation pain.
Surgeries we provide include:
- Infertility treatment
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic masses
- Tubal Ligation Reversal
- Endometrial ablation
When it comes to planning your family, there are a lot of decisions to be made. What do you need to know before getting pregnant? When do you want to have a baby? And how do you want to prevent pregnancy until the time is right?
That’s why it’s important to seek out the most skilled and patient-centered care to help you find the right answers and solutions to all your family planning needs.
Family Planning Services we Offer
Our team provides a full spectrum of family planning care and counseling services, including:
- Contraception: We offer a wide range of birth control options for women, including hormonal contraception (birth control pills and implants), IUDs, emergency contraception and sterilization. Our specialists provide caring and qualified counseling—in a nonjudgmental setting—to help you evaluate all your options as you plan for pregnancy and contraception.
- Preconception planning: If you want to get pregnant, our doctors can help by providing basic fertility testing and treatments. For women with known risk factors that could make conceiving a baby or carrying a pregnancy difficult—such as diabetes, obesity or high blood pressure—we provide counseling to help you manage your conditions and improve your health before trying to conceive. We refer more complex fertility cases to the reproductive specialists at the Women & Infants Center. Read more about pregnancy and childbirth.
- Miscarriage management: Women who experience pregnancy loss in the first or second trimester receive advanced care from our team, either outpatient or inpatient services, as necessary.